Friday, March 14, 2014

Green hypocrisy on display in all-night talkathon

Senate Democrats kept the lights burning late at the U.S. Capitol to call attention to global warming. They held an all-night talkathon to call attention to the horrendous problem of global warming. I know you’re probably wondering what the heck they’re talking about given the unusually cold winter. So was I.

Aside from the obvious absurdity of doing business in the middle of the night, these so-called environmentalists needlessly burned untold amounts of energy at a building that is powered
by coal, the very essence of evil in their eyes.

It’s doubtful that many people stayed up to watch the proceedings, unless, of course, they were looking for a cure for their insomnia. If they did, they surely burned more energy than they otherwise would have by keeping their televisions running. Not to mention the countless coffee pots that were purring just to keep the viewers awake.

Majority Leader Harry Reid kicked off the marathon by listing a litany of natural disasters supposedly caused by we humans. Among those listed were droughts in the Midwest, wildfires in the West, lower-than-normal water levels in the Mississippi River, low temps in Georgia and mild weather in Alaska.

So, let me see if I have this right. If it rains it’s global warming. If it doesn’t rain it’s global warming. If it’s hot it’s global warming. If it’s cold it’s global warming. If the forest is on fire it’s global warming. What, no heartbreak of psoriasis? 

Understand one thing. All of this is garbage. No serious scientist believes this junk. Wildfires caused by global warming? Are the forests just spontaneously combusting? No. The National Park Service says 90 percent of wildfires are caused by humans, either through campfires left unattended, the burning of debris, negligently discarding cigarettes and intentional acts of arson. The other 10 percent are started by lightning or lava.

It is an insult to any intelligent person to say that global warming is causing high temperatures and low temperatures. I understand the greenhouse theory. Supposedly, according to the hysterics, we are pumping too much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere causing a “greenhouse effect.” The theory goes that everything underneath heats up, as in a greenhouse. There’s absolutely nothing in the theory that points to record low temperatures. That’s something the proponents of this theory simply made up when the weather didn’t suit their cause.

There’s also no scientific evidence that global warming is causing more severe weather. In fact, we’re in the quietest period for hurricanes since the Civil War. In other words, none of this rot-gut is true yet these senators waste time, money and energy preaching to the rest of us about a subject of which they know absolutely nothing

These global warming types fall into two categories. The first is the sinister person who knows he or she is lying but continues the lie to perpetuate an agenda. That agenda can be personal or political. Al Gore is known for this. 
The second category is the group of people who have been lied to and believe the lie. Fortunately or unfortunately, most of the senators who attended the all night gab-athon fall into the latter.

Four Democrat senators facing tough re-elections were conspicuously absent from the spectacle. They were Mark Begich (D-Alaska), Kay Hagan (D-N.C.), Mary Landrieu (D-La.) and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.). If this were such a popular issue with the people, as the rest of the senate Democrats claim, why did these senators stay away?

Because the American people, blessedly, are beginning to wake up.

Phil Valentine is the host of the award-winning, nationally syndicated talk radio show, The Phil Valentine Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment